Sunday, May 1, 2011

Special Assignment


Why did so many of us miss the metaphor in Don't Let Them Take the Pencils Home by Tom Johnson? Although I cannot speak for the whole class, this is my answers to our special assignment:
I missed the metaphor in this assignment because didn’t think outside the box, I looked too deep into it. I tried hard to find out what this post meant but I never thought to replace the pencils with technology or anything else for that matter. I really overlooked this post. After looking back at the post and watching the video again, I see the point and how it all fits together.
What metaphors have you encountered since I asked you to create a blog of them?
It’s raining cats and dogs or the cup is half full. I could go on all day with these but I hope these two will let you know what they are.
What other things can we do as educators to help our students to understand and to use metaphors?
I believe as educators, we can teach them to look deeper into the meanings of post so that they see what is really being said in them. I don’t know how to even go about making or how to start to teach students but I do know. It needs to have more attention brought to it because most of us in the class missed it in the class. We need a specific post on metaphors to where it makes it clearer to us and others who missed it.
Why do we use metaphors?
This is a great question! I have thought about the question and to be honest with you, I am just as lost with this question as the one before. I don’t know the answer to it but I hope to read up others post and see how they answered these questions and learn from the others and maybe next time I have to read or watch something with a metaphor in it. I will be able to pick it out with no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment