Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blog Post 3

Michael Wesch: A Vision Of Students Today



This clip basically shows the way in which I feel when I go to my classes today. We pay all this money for tuition and books and other fees and get nothing. I want to learn something that is going to helpful in the field of education I am majoring in. Some of the classes I have to take make me feel like I’m in the fourth grade again. I need something that is going to keep me interested and challenge me to do my best and learn new techniques on the way.

The lack of technology and advance is dragging us down and making us less interested in our field of study. This video shows use clearly how our classes are and the facts on the way we feel about them. I think it’s time to step the teaching process up and challenge us more like the way my edm310 class is. For people like me who do not use technology much, it is what most jobs in the future is going to be based on. I have learned more in the first two weeks in Dr. Strange’s class than any other I have probably taken that will be useful to me in the future.

It's Not About the Technology
By: Kelly Hines

Mrs. Hines was right in every perspective she made. This article shared some valuable points and great information on the reason for why we are not being better prepared for the future in learning. The way times our now makes learning a challenge. Most of our teachers were taught the same way as they teach us and that is why they have to be students in the technological learning field.

The teachers have to be willing to change their approach to teaching before us kids in the classrooms will be more focused in learning. It is the same old way of learning every day and that’s why we have to change with the times. The teachers and the students need to upgrade the ways of teaching and learning.

Karl Fisch: Is It Okay to be a Technologically Illiterate Teacher?

I believe it is okay to be technologically illiterate as long as you’re making the effort to change that. Teachers should be on the top of everything when it comes to education but there are something’s they didn’t get taught in school and this why i believe its ok for them to be technologically illiterate. Why would you want to be a teacher if your students are more advanced in the learning field than you are? Really doesn’t make any since if they don’t want to become better instructors.

We are in the advanced times of learning and so should our teachers. Everyone should be willing to learn more in life especially teachers. This will make the learning experience not only for the teachers better in time but also for the students.

Gary Hayes Social Media Count

This clip basically shows how the world is constantly growing in the technological field and us as educators need to be able to contribute and make the changes for a better tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You need a picture in every post, be sure to go back and add one to the posts you forgot. I am glad to hear you have learned so much in the past couple of weeks. Why do you think that is? What do you think you can do about the classes that you didn't seem to get much out of?

    ReplyDelete